Do it Right, Serve it Safe!

Choose a language to start the course

About Course

About Section Image

Welcome to Do It Right, Serve It Safe! A training program covering the safe preparation and handling of food. When you complete this course, you can purchase and print a Washington State Food Worker Card.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I stop during the training and complete it later?
Yes. Your progress is saved for 30 days. Log in as a Returning User and click on Continue the course where I left off to finish the training.
My session timed out. Now what do I do?
The training times-out after 15 minutes of inactivity. Sign out and log back in as a Returning User to complete your training.
How do I print or reprint a card?
Log in as a Returning User and select Reprint My Valid Food Worker Card. Use the exact same registration information you originally signed in with. After paying for your food worker card a copy is emailed to you. If you do not remember the email address you used, call us for help at 1 (800) 204-4418 (TOLL FREE).
What is the cost to reprint a card?
You can reprint a card for free up to 30 days after completing the test. After 30 days, there may be a charge to print your card. Check with your local health department for the fee amount. Local Health Department Contacts
Why does it cost $10?
The $10 fee is a state regulation, Washington Administrative Code 246-217-025. The fee is used by local health departments to defray the costs of food worker training and education, administration of the program, and testing.
How can I get a card that is valid for three years?
Renew your card before it expires. If you have an unexpired Washington State Food Worker Card, bring your old card and the card you received online into your local Health Department and we will issue you a three-year card. If your old card has expired, you will only be able to receive a two-year card. You may be eligible for a five-year card if you have completed an approved advanced training such as a ServeSafe Food Managers Course. For more information go to:
Where is this card valid?
This card is valid throughout the State of Washington.
Who do I contact if I have problems with the online class?
Email or call us.
Phone: 1-800-204-4418 (TOLL FREE)
When leaving a message or sending an email, please include:
  • First and last name
  • Date of birth
  • Email address used in system
  • Phone number to contact you
  • A description of the problem

For additional information please visit the Washington State Department of Health website at

Local Health Department Contacts

Group Payment

Pay for multiple food worker cards here

Contact Us